The Technical Sales Secretary will work with in the administration department, support and reporting into the Head PA to Technical Sales. Provide secretarial services and administrative support to a group of up to seven technical sales managers based in different locations round the country. The technical sales team offer clients full technical and design assistance from the initial stages of a project through to completion. This is a proactive administration team always looking to develop and streamline procedures to enhance the support they offer to customers and colleagues.
This team is usually the first point of contact within the company for visitors, phone calls and website enquiries and therefore needs someone who will adopt similarly friendly, professional standards and who can communicate effectively verbally and in writing with customers and colleagues.
Other duties include:
- Preparing and in some cases compiling and issuing correspondence, reports, project specifications and price quotations in collaboration with the technical sales managers, quality reports, approved installer lists, guarantees, warranties and other information packages.
- Liaising with clients both verbally and in writing on behalf of the technical sales managers, monitoring requirements during the project cycle, compiling and providing relevant and timely information.
- Receiving and answering telephone and email enquiries in a friendly and professional way, collecting, and recording pertinent information to pass on to colleagues as required.
- Assisting the Head PA to organise administrative and design documents needed to fulfil technical sales team and customer requests.
- Assisting with day to day management of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Salesforce database, creating accounts and projects, inputting and maintaining accurate data on behalf of technical sales managers, uploading documents, running reports.
- Assisting with maintaining office and sales team calendars, helping to arrange meetings, attendance at client events, booking travel and accommodation in the UK and abroad, setting up itineraries.
- Helping to process and accurately record colleague annual leave applications.
- Providing cover when departmental colleagues are absent.
.This is a busy role, well suited to someone who is organised, can plan ahead, can prioritise work to meet deadlines, has a good eye for detail and, ideally, relevant experience or transferable skills. Other skills and attributes:
- Excellent computer and secretarial skills using Word, Excel, and Outlook. Being able to take notes or dictation over the phone would be useful. Also required is the organisation to maintain accurate CRM records (full training will be provided on in-house systems) and consistent filing regimes in project folders.
- Ability to look for solutions and a willingness to provide constructive and empathetic customer service and colleague collaboration.
- Friendly and helpful telephone manner, a good command of English and an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with our valued customers and clients.
- Willingness to learn about system design, product range and applications, about the cycle of a typical project from start to completion and how we pre-empt colleague and customer requirements at each stage of this cycle and provide appropriate information and assistance.
- Construction project-related experience would be beneficial but is not essential.
This is a small, busy office whose ethos is to work collaboratively to continue the excellent customer service on which the company has built its reputation. This is a full-time role work 9 am to 5.30pm, Monday – Friday.
At polkadotfrog recruitment we do our very best to ensure both client and candidate satisfaction. Our team of Specialist Consultants have the skills, experience and passion to deliver a professional, personal and quality service. Our mission is to build long-term relationships and help clients and candidates find the perfect match.
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.