At polkadotfrog, we have a new and exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our well-established client based in Cambridge. You will get to work with a reputable organisation with ambitious growth and technology plans.
You will work within the Systems team to assemble and test electronic modules and support systems that interface to their products. You will also contribute towards the continuous improvement of software, electronic and mechanical systems as well as managing subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assembly and debugging of electronic circuits and modules
- Develop software to interface with embedded systems and third-party software
- Review documentation, schematics, PCB layouts and mechanical drawings and models
- Liaise with subcontractors to manage specifications and delivery schedules
Required experience and knowledge:
- Strong degree in Physics, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Design and assembly of electronics with consideration for EMC/EMI, complex grounding requirements and high operating temperature
- Working knowledge of embedded software
- 3D CAD skills for mechanical assemblies (Solidworks, Creo PTC, Autodesk Fusion 360)
- Experience in using PCB CAD software (preferably Altium) to assist in performing schematic and PCB design reviews