Polkadtofrog are currently exclusively working with a Norwich based client who specialise in implementing and supporting Document and Content Management solutions who have a new position as a Technical Tester to join a small and focused .NET development team.
Our client requires a Tester to help build and strengthen the services they offer. The role will be based from our client’s central Norwich office and will involve a variety of activities including a systems analysis, Testing, some development also general customer support tasks communication with customers around the world. Full on-the-job and some external training will be offered, however candidates must have either educational or related commercial experience.
The successful applicant will need to be a “self-starter” with excellent communication and time management skills, general technical knowledge and the desire to grow their skills and involvement within the business. Strong problem-solving skills and a methodical approach are also essential.
- Issue diagnosis & resolution and call management
- System customization
- Developing internal Systems & Solutions
- Manual and Automated Testing
- Some MSSQL Analysis and Development
- Basic VBA / .Net Macro Development
- Outlook Development
- Occasionally the role will involve site visits to deliver on-site assistance with system rollouts and migrations, etc.
Desired general Technical knowledge:
You will have experience in “some” of the areas below:
- Databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, MS/SQL, PL/SQL, MS Access).
- Web/Application Servers (Apache, IIS, BEA Weblogic, IBM Websphere, Tomcat).
- Email Systems (Exchange & Lotus Notes)
- Microsoft Office programmes e.g. Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Programming Languages (VBA, .Net , Office, C++)
- Windows 7 , XP, 2000, operating systems
- Knowledge of IP Based Networking Technology.
Apply now to discuss this opportunity with one of our experienced IT recruitment Specialists