An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Software Manager to work for a market-leading software company based in Cambridge. This Software Practice Manager will be responsible for managing recent graduates and business processes across all areas of their performances.
This Software Practice Manager will manage the teams in order to ensure their smooth induction into the business and through coaching, a structured development program and an empathetic leadership style you’ll develop them into strong and experienced engineers.
The Software Practice Manager will perform people development, including coaching and mentoring for technical roles. This role will work in partnership with the Software Director in each area of specialization to ensure its growth and continuous improvement by encouraging participation, facilitating practice days and other events and guiding them to become the best they can be.
Why should you apply?
A new role working alongside the senior management team in modern offices in Cambridge. Working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
What we’re looking for?
- Educated to degree level 2:1 or higher
- Hands-on in coaching and developing individuals and team experience
- Solid knowledge in Agile Software Engineering methodologies and development practices
- Extensive experience of people development, including coaching /mentoring software developers, testers and graduates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation & public speaking skills
- Ability to drive deliverables and results, which involve people who do not directly report to you
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Initiative – Proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed