On behalf of our large Cambridge based client, polkadotfrog are recruiting for a candidate experienced in procurement – specifically in maintenance & service contracts, preferably from an engineering background themselves.
- Manage tender processes for the estates management contracts including preparation of pre-qualification questionnaires & invitations to tender, evaluations, update stages through electronic tendering systems & via the OJEU if necessary.
- Evaluation of responses to PQQ’s & tenders managing the progress meetings with the relevant technical teams
- Prepare contract award recommendations, obtain relevant endorsements, prepare documents of contracts & participate in contract kick of meetings.
- Work closely with the senior maintenance managers, service managers & other professionals within the estate management team to ensure that contracts are tendered & awarded within the compliance of the agreed framework of the organisation.
Why should you apply?
An opportunity to join a prestigious Cambridge name with control over multi-million pound contract negotiations, strong salary, benefits & potential long term career prospects.
What we’re looking for:
- Significant professional experience in a contracting/procurement role – (10 years plus).
- Mixed experience of private & public sector contracting & procurement would be highly desirable.
- Excellent planning & communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with matching analytical skills.
- A strong relationship builder with the ability to influence people.
- A track record of delivering value driven high quality results with a minimum of supervision.
- Extensive experience on contract management is essential.
- Experience of NEC3/4 Contracts would be desirable.
- University degree in engineering, supply chain, law or quantity surveying would be desirable.