An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Hardware Engineer to join a start-up company based in Cambridge. My client’s product empowers operators to quickly improve quality of service in capacity hotspots or coverage not-spots.
We’re looking for an experienced Hardware Design Engineer to work as part of a small development team. This is a very hands on position where you will have involved with the practical build and develop a range of products. The role features all part of the design lifecycle, from design, prototype and build through to test the products manufactured.
You will be responsible for hardware development from early concepts, through prototype, functional test and regulatory compliance to high volume manufacture. You will also provide design related support and assistance within the business as well as design of high speed digital boards comprising microprocessors, FPGAs, memory, transceivers, DACs and ADCs using CAD schematic capture and layout tools.
Why should you apply?
A fantastic opportunity to join a successful company, work in a fast-paced environment where they’ve developed a world-first and innovative technology. Alongside with competitive salary package and benefits.
What we’re looking for:
- Hands-on experience in design and development of high speed digital and products
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in PSU (DC to DC) and high speed analogue design
- Proficient in bringing up processor boards with Linux kernels
- Experience with test code development using Python and C
- Knowledge of IP Network communications
- Design for manufacture and EMC compliance
- Possesses a quality-oriented mindset and attention to details
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- FPGA development tools using VHDL or Verilog (desirable)
- RF Design knowledge and experience (desirable)