The Sales Coordinator will work within the Orders Department and will work as part of a small team to look after and build good relations with a group of customer accounts, process their orders with UK stockholding partners and suppliers, coordinate deliveries to projects across the UK.
This is a busy role, where you will support in ensuring customer orders are processed efficiently and within deadlines, involving clear, timely verbal and written communication with them, providing delivery updates, responding to queries, obtaining support documentation, all in accordance with company procedures.
Other duties include:
- Processing customer orders into in-house sales order and accounting software, ensuring accuracy both in details and prices of materials ordered against quotations, and calculating units required based on information provided by the customer or supplier.
- Place orders for materials with the stock warehouse and place orders for third party materials with partner suppliers.
- Monitoring each phase, checking of related drawings, material prices and delivery schedules and close collaboration with all parties concerned.
- Liaise with factory, warehouse, suppliers, and customers to coordinate delivery of goods to sites across the UK and to process delivery notifications with correct delivery charges applied.
- Assist with checking and collating order/delivery documentation with supplier invoices and ensuring information is delivered to finance colleagues to meet their deadlines.
- To keep colleagues updated (specifically technical sales managers) on any matters they need to be aware of regarding sites, orders, deliveries, product supply, etc.
- Provide cover for colleagues’ work within the Orders Department during their absence.
- Assist with maintaining stocks of material samples and their distribution to the external team and to clients.
The ideal Sales Coordinator is someone who will participate in the proactivity of the sales and logistics team, working closely together to problem solve, to explore ways of streamlining procedures to the benefit of the company and our customers, maintaining and enhancing companies reputation for excellent customer service.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in customer service – sales order processing and delivery coordination, ensuring customer requirements are met and project/site restrictions complied with.
- A good level of computer literacy, numeracy, and experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Full training will be provided on the specific order processing software packages we use.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, confident enough to find answers for customers and keep them and colleagues informed.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to strict deadlines, while checking detail and maintaining accuracy.
- Proactive attitude, an ability to plan ahead and a willingness to collaborate closely with colleagues, as well as to take responsibility for working independently if required.
This is a busy office whose ethos is to work collaboratively to continue the excellent customer service on which the company has built its reputation.
At polkadotfrog recruitment we do our very best to ensure both client and candidate satisfaction. Our team of Specialist Consultants have the skills, experience and passion to deliver a professional, personal and quality service. Our mission is to build long-term relationships and help clients and candidates find the perfect match.
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion