polkadotfrog are currently recruiting for a Project Manager on a initial 6 month fixed term basis to join an ongoing project which is implementing a group consolidation solution within a Finance Division based in Cambridge. This is an exciting and fast moving finance systems/IT project working with a mixed project team of internal staff and consultant staff are currently working to a July go live date.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage technology projects through initiation, delivery and closure phases; ensuring the project is delivered to the agreed schedule, budget and quality. You will take over the management of existing projects, including the implementation of a financial consolidation and reporting tool; as well as managing new projects as required. You will be well versed in the creation, approval and management of milestone/deliverable focused projects plans, the planning, approval and management of realistic delivery estimates based on a combination of experience, negotiation with delivery teams and empirical statistics. You will have proactive identification and management of inter-project and intra-project dependencies and liaison with Programme Managers, Senior Project managers, peers and appropriate stakeholders and governance bodies to find resolutions to dependency conflicts across projects.
Applications will be happy to join a project in progress and be keen to hit the ground running. Ideally you will be PRINCE2 or APMP/PMQ qualified and you will be passionate about project management and have several years of experience delivering technology projects. You will have demonstrable leadership, collaboration and stakeholder management skills, and will be able to adapt your approach to the needs of an organisation. You will also have experience of financial management and financial systems or Technology implementation projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, collaboration and consensus-building skills
- Ability to motivate individuals and to create high-performing teams
- Ability to multi-task and deal with multiple conflicting demands
Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of key project management principles and techniques
- Experience of utilising waterfall and agile methodologies
- Demonstrable experience managing and delivering projects on time and budget and to required quality criteria throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Strong background in technology projects
- Experience delivering projects within shared service functions, e.g. Finance, Legal, HR, etc.
- Solid experience in business change initiatives and IT-enabled business change
- Experience managing large project budgets and complex schedules
- Accustomed to working closely with business stakeholders
- Experience of negotiating contracts with and managing third parties
- Commercial acumen
- Expertise using MS Project
- Prince2 would be Beneficial