At polkadotfrog, we are seeking an enthusiastic and capable Principal Electronics Engineer with a good understanding of high-speed digital design to join a growing, high technology engineering company based in Cambridge. The Principal Electronics Engineer will work on the development of professional mobile radio products and accessories.
As a Principal Engineer you will have technical responsibility for work package delivery and would be involved in the whole lifecycle of product development from concept and prototype stages, through to production and support.
- Technical design and specification of electronic circuitry for radio terminal products and accessories
- Complete subsystem design and implementation
- Integration with other subsystems
- Component specification and sourcing
- Design and test documentation
- Schematic creation and PCB layout supervision
- Technical requirements analysis
- Resolution of design and integration issues
- Type approval support
- Technical support to end customers
- Progress reporting to project team and line manager
Why should you apply?
An exciting opportunity for someone to be part of a global business which has established and rapidly achieved market leadership in over 30 countries. Also, a technical lead position to be part of a small focussed team.
What we’re looking for:
You will have a strong background of board level digital design, enjoy problem solving and a good communicator. Also, you will have technical responsibility for work package delivery and mentoring opportunities for less Senior Engineers. You will be the ‘go to person’ when it comes to high-speed digital design, but will also get involved in other areas of electronics as required.
As a Principal Engineer, you will have proven track record of electronics design experience, especially in microprocessor and DSP circuit design. Design using Memory devices such as DDR and NAND flash, as well as using digital interfaces such as SPI, I2C, Ethernet and USB. Strong knowledge and design experience for EMC/ESD protection. Significant work experience in PCB layout rules for high speed digital design. Efficient circuit design for handheld battery powered products and extensive experience in designing for manufacturing and test.
Desirable skills (Ideally you will have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas):
- Intrinsically safe product design
- Design work relating to radio products
- Power supply design (analogue and SMPS)
- Signal integrity (using tools such as Hyperlinx)
- Scripting using PERL or Python
- Mentor DX designer
- Analogue design and circuit simulation
- Lithium Polymer batteries
- Design for medium volume product manufacture