Polkadotfrog are partnering with our client, a busy accountancy practice specialising in the licensed trade who are currently seeking to employ a Management Accountant to join their friendly team. This is a varied and hands on role with duties including the following:
- Accounts Preparation – prepare monthly and quarterly accounts for our clients which include a P&L & Balance Sheet commentary. You will be required to complete the accounts using the bookkeeping records maintained by other members of the team. This will include the review of the bookkeeping, amendments and completing paperwork. Various reconciliations including Bank, VAT, Cash & Wages will also need to be completed along with Accruals and Prepayments and the necessary journal entries.
You will be given your own group of clients for which you will produce the accounts and service the client accordingly:
- Accounts Review – You will be required to review the accounts completed by other team members and correct where necessary.
- Meetings – On occasion you will be required to meet clients either in the office or at the client’s premises to discuss the accounts and general performance of the business. Their clients are situated throughout East Anglia and the Home Counties so a full driving license will be needed.
Experience within the licensed trade industry would be advantageous, however not essential as full training would be given to the successful candidate. Experience within an accounts practice is desirable & your experience should cover all aspects of accounts preparation to full accounts.
This is a fast paced office and industry so the successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy whilst ensuring that deadlines are met. The successful candidate would ideally possess the following:
- Sage 50 (essential)
- Microsoft Word & Excel skills (essential)
- Xero and/or Quickbooks (advantageous)
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated & Accurate
- Works well within a small team
- Polite with good telephone manner
- Punctual, Presentable with a Professional attitude
- Full UK Driving License
AAT or equivalent (essential)
ACA, ACCA (full or part qualified) or equivalent (advantageous but not essential)