Polkadotfrog are partnering with our client, a small but busy accountancy practice who are seeking to on-board a new management accountant to join their friendly team, this role is ideal for either a management accountant with previous practice experience or potentially as a trainee role for a lesser experienced candidate that shows promise.
This is a varied & hands on role which gives exposure to a range of different tasks within an accountancy practice including:
- Accounts preparation – preparing monthly & quarterly accounts for clients which include profit/loss & balance sheet commentary. You will be completing accounts using bookkeeping records maintained by other members of the team. This includes review & amendment of bookkeeping, completing paperwork, various reconciliations including bank, VAT, cash & wages as well as posting accruals & prepayments in the necessary journals.
- Accounts review – of work completed by other team members & correcting where required.
- Meetings – On occasion you may be required to meet clients either in the office or at the client’s premises to discuss the accounts & general performance of the business. Their clients are located throughout East Anglia & the Home Counties therefore a full driving licence will be required
Why should you apply?
A great opportunity to learn more, or diversify your skill set in a fast based environment a bit different to the typical, stuffy accountancy practice with an opportunity for study support on a case by case basis.
What we’re looking for:
- Sage 50 (essential)
- Microsoft Word & Excel Skills (essential)
- Xero / Quickbooks (desirable)
- Work well under pressure to deadlines
- Self-motivated & accurate
- Work well alone & within a small team
- Polite with a good customer service manner
- Punctual, presentable with a Professional attitude
- Full UK Driving Licence (essential)
- AAT level 4 (essential)
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA – part or fully qualified (highly desirable)