Junior IT Support Technician
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm,
Polkadotfrog are partnered with a growing organization seeking a IT Support Technician with a proven progression plan. You will be joining our client in the Colchester office working on an internal Help Desk providing support across a number of offices for the various software, applications and hardware used within the firm, involving all aspects of customer support. The role includes both telephone and desk side support and will include visiting branch locations as required.
You will be working on the Help Desk to take incidents and ensuring all incidents/service requests are logged and dealt with in the quickest, most effective and efficient way, ensuring where within your control a resolution is agreed with the customer. You will develop customer relationships that ensure the delivery of exceptional client service and work closely with the IT Manager / Director when escalating issues. Over time and with training you will Develop an in-depth knowledge of key applications and stay abreast of developments in new technologies. You will eventually take ownership of applications and managing the software lifecycle i.e. upgrades, patches, deployments or mini projects as directed and assist in the delivery of IT projects to the wider firm.
Ideally you shall have experience at 1st or 2nd line support level although candidates with educational experience will also be considered. Applicants will have knowledge of Cloud technology, specifically Microsoft Azure and Office 365 as well as knowledge of operational and support aspects of computer systems, hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
Skills and experience required:
- 1st level and/or 2nd level support experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of the operational and support aspects of computer systems, hardware, software and peripheral equipment
- Demonstrable knowledge of Cloud technology, specifically Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Awareness of ITIL
- Motivated to establish and eradicate the root cause, not treat symptoms.
- Windows OS level knowledge
- MS Office experience
- Understanding of iPhone & Mobile Broadband
- Active Directory experience
- Understanding of Tablets/Laptops/Desktops