We are recruiting for a 2nd line System / Support Administrator to join a team where you will be based on our clients growing site near Sawston. Our client is supporting a range of modern core IT-services, as well as providing advice, guidance and practical support to users across the organization. This is a fantastic opportunity to work across 2nd to 3rd line where you will be given the change to solve issues and researching them rather than just escalating them.
You will be providing 2nd and 3rd line support for service related faults and issues to end users and you will be carrying out standard day to day operational procedures including Domain User account management and Exchange mailbox management, responding to requests for internal windows based DNS changes. The role will include Server administration and issue resolution and troubleshooting for the Windows environments and applications and assist in the Installation, administration and upgrades of Windows environments (Server 2008, 2012, 2016). Patching, account creation, backups, etc. Applicants ill have experience monitoring systems, services and logs for health and problems and be experienced in analyzing system performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources
Applicants must have proven experience working with Windows Server installations and administration and you will feel confident setting up and supporting servers alone using technical documentation and have proven experience of Microsoft Exchange (2010 onwards) services management, including mailbox creation and management in a work environment.
- Significant experience of providing IT support in a work environment
- In-depth experience of Windows Server (2008R2 onwards) Installation, configuration and Administration
- Experience of Microsoft Exchange (2010 onwards) services management, including mailbox creation and management in a work environment
- Experience in administration of Microsoft SQL Server (2008 onwards)
- Experience of Server monitoring and troubleshooting windows systems individually or as part of a team
- In-depth working knowledge of managing Microsoft Active Directory and the associated services (Inc. Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, IIS)
- Good understanding and knowledge of Virtualisation technologies (preferably VMware)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail