polkadotfrog are recruiting for an IT Support Engineer based on the Science Park for a busy Helpdesk in a fast-paced environment. This is an internal IT Support role where you will demonstrate a passion for customer service and provide top quality support by e-mail, in person and over the phone.
The IT team provides support to over 600 internal users and are responsible for developing, installing and maintaining a range of services to support business systems and processes. The team is routinely challenged with innovative and technical requirements from internal customers in the pursuit of market-leading initiatives. This role is suited to an individual who is able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, prioritise their workload and manage tasks to fulfil support requests as part of a dedicated team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate keen problem-solving skills and have excellent attention to detail and a can-do and positive attitude is essential.
Specific Responsibilities will include providing telephone, email and desk side support on a wide range of requests and you will be setting up and dealing with bespoke configuration of desktops, laptops and telephony devices. You will create and manage support tickets and take responsibility for the support of audio visual and video conference systems and provide familiarisation sessions with new recruits on use of systems and procedures
Minimum Requirements Essential:
• Relevant experience in an IT Support role and in the management of support tickets
• A passion for customer service and the desire to work effectively as part of a small team
• Aptitude to learn and apply attention to detail within defined processes and procedures
• Good interpersonal, communication, time planning and organisational skills
• Experience of supporting Windows 7, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
• Experience of supporting mobile iOS and Android devices
• Experience of supporting Apple Macs