We are partnered with a growing international company who are seeking a Support Engineer to take responsibility as a IT Manager. The appointed candidate will become the sole onsite “go to” support engineer, covering Desktop Support and Infrastructure Support. This is a new and exciting role in a small team where you will be supporting around 40 UK users and 2 remote international small sites.
You will be responsible for recording and respond to IT support requests from users and support both on-site IT users and off-site workers through telephone, email and remote-control support but this will be mainly desk side as most support is face to face. As part of your duties you will be monitor IT infrastructure and resolve incidents with minimum impact to the business and you will manage projects as well as supporting windows Server Operating Systems. The role is a varied one and you will also help support the network including firewalls, switches, cabling, routing and WAN connections and regularly meet with global IT operations team to discuss progress, issues and strategies.
Within this user facing support role it is imperative you have an outgoing personality and you are customer focused with the ability to discuss technical solutions to non-technical team member. Applicants will have proven experience supporting users onsite, creating policies, managing vendors and ideally you will have experience supporting ERP systems but this is not essential.
• A strong customer service background and good communication skills
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
• Fault finding and a good understanding of desktop IT issues
• Ability to manage projects
• A strong understanding of Microsoft Office software
• An understanding of networking
• General Infrastructure Support experience
• An understanding of Windows Server operating systems
• Experience with supporting ERP systems is beneficial but not essential
• Experience with supporting CRM systems is beneficial but not essential
• SQL skills are beneficial but not essential
• Vendor Management abilities
• VMware Administration Experience
• Office 365 Administration – experience managing / maintaining