TITLE: Import Customer Services Clerk
BUSINESS FUNCTION: International freight forwarding
HOURS: Core hours 09:00-17:30
SALARY: Negotiable depending upon experience
Our Felixstowe based client is looking to hire an Import Customer Services Clerk to join their team. This is a well-established family business offering Import/Export Freight Forwarding services including Customs Clearance and Warehousing services. This is a company with strong family values, where loyalty, dedication and hard work are acknowledged and rewarded.
Modern, bright open plan offices over two floors. Professional, busy and friendly feel.
What you’ll be doing
- Import customs clearance/customs entries
- Routing / co-ordinating import shipments.
- Verifying, processing and organizing all import documentation to deadline.
- Handling customer enquiries and resolving any issues
- Negotiating freight/haulage rates in order to maximise job profits
- Providing rate quotations to clients.
- Updating/amending client records as necessary.
- Preparation/invoicing shipping charges as per current tariffs.
- Booking and co-ordinating import deliveries.
- Office administrative duties, as required
- Other tasks as deemed reasonable and necessary
What we’re looking for
- At least two years’ experience of handling a wide range of import customs entries and knowledge of all related documentation
- An excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- The ability to provide a high standard of customer service
- Fully IT literate and confident using computer systems
- Knowledge of Destin8 & CNS.
What you will receive in return
4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
Standard company pension
At polkadotfrog recruitment we do our very best to ensure both client and candidate satisfaction. Our team of Specialist Consultants have the skills, experience and passion to deliver a professional, personal and quality service. Our mission is to build long-term relationships and help clients and candidates find the perfect match.
With offices across East Anglia we specialise in the Office Support, Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Legal and Shipping & Transport sectors across all levels.
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.