The purpose of the Purchaser/Buyer role is to own responsibility for Heating, Ventilation & Plumbing materials needed for work within the companies 350 buildings and to organise the purchase of that product to meet the demand. To ensure that the stock cover levels for each of those items are sufficient for future demand and target stock cover but not overstocked, whilst also meeting Purchase Order spend targets.
The role holder will also own the day to day supplier relationship for their stock product set. They will be expected to build good relationships with their suppliers, negotiate where required on prices as well as delivery.
The Position: Temporary full time role until March 2019
- To source and arrange the purchase of materials that is required for projects utilizing in-house maintenance staff or external contractors with approximate annual value of £750,000 including the sourcing and supply of specialist items in a timely manner to meet the needs of the Maintenance of a large portfolio of buildings, many of them with aged or specialist materials required
- Analyse quarterly stock and purchases reports to determine usage trends with a view to negotiating bulk discounts using (where appropriate) annual procurement contrac
- Arranges the technical specification, procurement, distribution and, where applicable and standardizing of the routine replacement of ventilation plant filters throughout the estate for use by contractors, departments and in-house maintenance sta
- Assist with the smooth running and day to day activity of the departmental maintenance fleet including all ‘on road’ plant.
- Assist the planned preventive maintenance team in the establishment, implementation and administration of service and maintenance contracts.
- The Heating, Ventilation & Plumbing Buyer is managed by the senior PPM administrator and will be responsible for the maintenance unit purchasing. He will assist and advise the two purchasing & supply technicians & will also assist with other maintenance administration where necessary.
Why should you apply? A great contract opportunity to work with a large educational establishment in the estate management department offering a strong hourly rate as well as other great benefits
What we’re looking for:
- Strong Buying Skillset – working with Suppliers and organising purchases that are delivered to time.
- Good understanding of the Stock Product set of the department and CIPS Qualification desirable
- Proficient in using and understanding Purchase Order & Stock systems.
- Able to understand computer systems and the inter-relationship between sales, purchase warehouse and stock. Able to work with all of these areas within the business.
- Able to understand stock transactions.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to understand and work with ISO 9000 processes.
- Moderate excel skills.
- Good Supplier Management Skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and be prepared to develop skills.