Graduate IT Support Engineer (Full Training Offered)
**Part Time candidates in education with the view of full time hours in summer and once the course is finished will also be considered!**
Polkadotfrog are currently seeking an Graduate Support engineer / administrator to join our established and exclusive client based in Waterbeach Cambridgeshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate to working within our clients growing Technical Support team where you will be trained on the job and have funded Microsoft Certifications offered and you will be trained to support systems, servers and work within a Systems Administrator capacity to an world-wide customer base.
As the Graduate Support Engineer you will be communicating with customers via telephone and e-mail with customer service at the forefront of the fix. On a day to day basis you will be shadowing a Senior team member and you will perform remote diagnosis and resolve a range of varied technical problems with some occasional travel to site if the problem cannot be solved remotely.
Applicants will have educational knowledge of technical support with a true desire to working in a 1st to 2nd line environment where you will receive training and hands on exposure of Microsoft Server operating systems, networks, and domains. You will have outstanding communication stills and ideally have some knowledge of Cisco technology’s although this is not essential.
- Graduate in Computing or similar
- Passionate to work in front line IT support role – both 1st and 2nd Line.
- Awareness of Microsoft Server operating systems, networks, and domains
- Understanding or interest in IP networking technologies
- Awareness and keen to learn MS SQL Server (ability to troubleshoot using server logs)
- Fully computer literate, with proficiency in the use of MS office products.
- Good communication and team working skills are essential.
- Confident telephone manner with a customer oriented focus.
- Full Training will be offered – must be keen to learn on the job