A large pharmaceutical business headquartered in Cambridge are seeking a commercially minded management reporting lead to ensure that the management reporting team delivers to the agreed scope & timescales, ensuring quality so that internal stakeholders have access to information in timely manner to allow further data analysis, utilizing this to make important business decisions.
In this role, you would join two other management-reporting leads on site, reporting directly into the Finance Director. You will be an owner of commercial management reporting and work closely with the IT team to assist with technical queries, manage business change and ensure that the reporting information is accurate.
Therefore it is essential that coming into this role you have a very good understanding and previous experience of forming strong working relationships with senior stakeholders and are able to establish relationships very quickly to ensure that the communication stream remains effective
This role will give you experience in management reporting with focus on task support, account management, strategic thinking, transition work and troubleshooting & you will provide leadership, guidance and business insight regarding management reporting and stakeholder interaction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively seek to prevent any faults in the reporting process and act accordingly to rectify any issues.
- Support users in the business by providing guidance and training when needed.
- Handle issues and queries from data by identifying appropriate actions to address them.
- Capture and evaluate changes requested from the business for new or improved reports and feed into change governance process as well as proactively identifying areas for improvement and enhancement within the system yourself
- Production of KPI reports
- Identify and promote opportunities to improve and standardize processes in the team and across finance in general
- Provide input to impact assessment of changes to the finance data model.Success will depend on effective liaison with Financial and Business colleagues across various areas of the business to ensure clarity, whilst driving stabilization and harmonization.
Why should you apply?
This is an opportunity for an ambitious and driven Finance professional to join the Management Reporting Team, which is part of the wider finance team based in Cambridge. Offering an opportunity to make real change, driving standardization and simplification in reporting processes and global reporting whilst remaining focused to meet the changing needs of business.
What we’re looking for:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge
- Extensive experience of management accounting & internal reporting processes & systems
- Analytical with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience using a major enterprise resource planning system such as Hyperion.
- SAP & Oracle experience is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills with ability to alter delivery style according to the audience
- Experience of combining process development with focus on business needs.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Previous experience with pharmaceutical or manufacturing costing (desirable)