On behalf of our client, polkadotfrog is seeking to recruit an ambitious finance assistant to join their team. Initially focusing mostly purchase ledger & expenses, but developing within the rapidly growing team, assisting with end of month & audit among other tasks, with a view to progressing their career & moving up the ladder within the company.
The Position: this is a varied role within a quickly developing technology company at the forefront of their industry, typical duties will include:
- Supplier Invoices – processing, reconciling & coding invoices in line with company policy, Supplier liaison, managing queries, ensuring invoices are signed of in line with the budget & ensuring date is input into the system with accuracy.
- Expenses – collation of company credit card holder receipts, analysis to ensure they match statements & resolving queries where required.
- Purchase Order Numbers – ensuring orders are authorised & allocating numbers, maintaining the integrity of the PO list.
- Other – Supporting with end of month routines, support with preparation of VAT analysis for VAT return process.
Why should you apply? This is a role full of potential with one of the fastest growing companies in Cambridge, offering fantastic career prospects, a varied workload with the opportunity to develop & great cultural benefits.
What we’re looking for:
- Accounts payable experience is essential (Ideally within a medium to large sized, Technology Company).
- Qualified or studying AAT qualifications.
- A great communicator – able to communicate effectively with both finance & non finance colleagues.
- Dynamic with a flexible, proactive approach – willing to take on new challenges & support the team when required.
- Degree holder – ideally within finance & accountancy, mathematics or the sciences (desirable).
- Experience working within a multi-currency multi-entity finance team (desirable).
- Previous experience using ACCESS software within a finance function (desirable).