At polkadotfrog, we are looking for a highly motivated and hands-on Experimental Physicist to work with an innovative technology company in Cambridge.
In this role, you’ll work within an international team to design, build and test analogue electronics. You will have a solid track record in the execution of experiments to capture multivariable datasets and analysis and computational modelling. Experience of signal recovery and precision frequency measurements in the presence of noise would be beneficial.
- Design and execution of experiments for characterisation/calibration of analogue electronics that interface to their products
- Testing and calibration of electronics products
- Build of experimental apparatus for bench-top and field measurements.
- Modelling and data analysis to recover analytical trends from experimental datasets
- Documentation of procedures and outcomes
- Input to the design of future devices from physical principles and experiments
Why should you apply?
An excellent opportunity to join a growing company and be part of an innovative project where day-to-day work in an entrepreneurial environment. Attractive salary package and other benefits (i.e. annual bonus and flexible working options).
What we’re looking for:
- Master and/or PhD degree in Physics, Engineering and related disciplines.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Hands on knowledge of low noise and precision analog front ends including transimpedance amplifiers, oscillators, phase shifters, nonlinear circuits, and PLLs
- Proven experience in designing of experiments and associated apparatus to capture extensive multi-variable data sets
- Experience in data analysis using industry standard packages (i.e. MATLAB)
- Modelling using software packages such as COMSOL or OPENFOAM