A great permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to work for a market-leading software company based in Cambridge. This Embedded Software Engineer will be working on a number of products developed across several platforms.
In this role, you’ll be working in a fast-paced, energetic working environment which will be regularly exposed to new problems that require pushing the boundaries of engineering. This role requires all-round software development skills with the emphasis on embedded operating systems and applications. This will initially focus on embedded Linux operating systems and applications but requires the ability to quickly learn new languages and skills, as well as to contribute across the range of the group’s activities.
The ideal candidate should have a technical degree or equivalent from a leading university. You will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of embedded Linux operating systems/board support packages. Strong developing real time software in C with experience of debugging and optimising embedded code
- Relevant commercial domain experience in medical, sensors or defence
- Familiarity with software-hardware interfacing, communications protocols and wireless technologies, build systems, source control and defect tracking
- Scripting languages (i.e. Python/Bash, Perl, C++,C#, Objective C, Java or others)
- Application development for embedded Linux or Android platforms
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Can work independently and with little supervision when needed
- Security Clearance will be required due to the nature of the projects