An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to work for a market-leading software company based in Cambridge. You will architect, design and implement systems addressing the industrial, agriculture, consumer an energy markets.
This is a great opportunity to join my client who have been at the forefront of product design and engineering for 50 years. They helped clients from every conceivable sector and help them to create world-changing products and solve seemingly impossible problems.
You will be a member of the Software Technologies group, which offers application layer software engineering and computer science skills, from real-time and embedded software for standalone or connected devices, through to server side analytics frameworks, including system design, algorithm optimisation, and digital security and authentication.
In this role, you will be responsible for design, implementation, test and delivery of embedded systems. Also, design of test interfaces between your code and hardware or remote systems, and implementation of integration and system tests that verify and validate your embedded code. Executing project tasks to tight deadlines and rigorous quality standards within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager.
What we’re looking for:
An excellent degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline. An extensive experience developing embedded C or C++ software in a regulated environment (such as security, medical, automotive). Strong communication skills with proved work experience to explain and defend design and approach as well as present technical issues clearly to clients and internal teams.
Desired Technical Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with other software disciplines (e.g. algorithms, server, or design/UX teams)
- Experience of using Python as part of a CI system (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab)
- Experience of interface definition languages (e.g. Protobuf, YAML)
- Implementation of low power RF protocols
- Implementation of low power tracking and positioning or machine vision and machine learning algorithms on embedded devices
- Alongside ‘bare metal’ implementation, experience with Yocto or other embedded Linux platforms
- Continuous integration via Docker and/or Gitlab Runners
- Experience in control analysis for embedded systems