Polkadotfrog have a fantastic opportunity for an Analog Electronic Design Engineer to join one of the Cambridge’s most exciting and innovative technology companies. This brand new role comes as a result of continued growth and it will play a key role in supporting the whole business whilst remaining hands on to design, build and test prevision electronics.
We’re looking for a passionate pro-active self starter, who can thrive in a multi-disciplinary and entrepreneurial environment who is versatile at problem solving and interested in new technology and its application.
- Design, build, test of analogue and power circuits, schematic capture and PCB layout using an industry standard package (Altium preferred)
- Design of switched-mode and linear power supplies, power management and protection circuits with highest industrial standards.
- Complement the design and execution of experiments for characterisation/calibration and design optimizations.
- Documentation of designs, testing procedures, and outcomes.
You will have a solid track record in the design and build of analogue electronics, design analysis and modelling. Experience of signal recovery and precision frequency measurements in the presence of noise is beneficial.
- An excellent degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline (Masters and/or PhD preferred)
- Proven track record of relevant experience in industry
- Solid understanding of design of analogue and power electronics over extended temperature ranges for industrial systems
- Background in thermal systems, temperature control and advanced control methods
- Background in low noise and precision analogue front ends including transimpedance amplifiers, low-noise oscillators, phase shifters, gain control circuits, PLLs, timing and frequency control are beneficial.
- Interfacing analogue and digital electronics
- Modelling using Spice, MATLAB, Simulink, COMSOL or OPENFOAM
- Attention to detail, and ability to work effectively in a team setting