At polkadotfrog, we are looking for a highly motivated and hands-on Digital Design Engineer to work with a leading technology company in Cambridge. It is an exciting period to join my client who is currently working as part of government’s robotics and autonomous systems program which they are automating the implementation of deep learning algorithms as efficient hardware.
The role will work closely with machine learning experts and lead architect to develop new circuit implementations for machine learning algorithms.
- Develop high-quality circuit design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the circuit development life cycle
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Perform validation and verification testing, review and debug code
- Minimize FPGA resource usage, achieve timing closure and automate the floor planning
- Improve the operating frequencies within their large, generated FPGA designs
Why should you apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for someone practical, looking to join a forward-thinking company with a strong commitment to the development of its people.
What we’re looking for?
- MEng in Electronics or related subject (Physics, Computer Science, etc)
- Good ability in digital design (VHDL, Verilog, MyHDL, etc).
- Proven floor planning experience at large FPGA devices (either Xilinx or Altera)
- Experience of timing closure experience and digital simulation experience (ModelSim etc).
- Experience with Linux, ideally with NixOS, CentOS, or Ubuntu
- Scripting experience, for instance bash or python
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills