At polkadotfrog, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Business Development professional to work with a leading technology company based in Cambridge. This position will work closely with the Director, Business Development, CTO and the wider management team, support the aspirations of the team and the development of clear proposals and business cases across technology.
We’re looking for a proactive, self-motived individual with a passion for delivering a successful business plan to clients and other party enterprises. This role will be responsible for developing business opportunities for the company Technology Readiness Level (TRL) projects and support early stage project incubation with more scientifically-focussed team members and the wider activities of the business development group.
Why should you apply?
An excellent career development opportunity and to gain a range of science and business-related experience. Working closely with the senior management and executives to ensure the project meets expectations. A dynamic work environment where contribution will earn full recognition and reward as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
What we’re looking for:
- First degree in a Physical Science or Engineering discipline
- Proven experience in business development roles (such as materials, chemical, scientific or technical industrial sector)
- Significant experience of identifying, analysing and creating plans to exploit new market opportunities for an organisation
- Experience with initiating, developing and maintaining relationships with 3rd party enterprises
- Strong internal and external networking skills and a track record of utilising networks to benefit an organisation
- Excellent communication abilities including report writing and presentation skills, and have the ability to communicate business and market concepts to all levels
- Experienced in supporting general corporate Marcoms activities
- Must have the enthusiasm and drive to understand market, business and technical aspects of new technologies and opportunities