Polkadotfrog are recruiting for a Business Analyst on a 2 year Fixed term basis to join our central Cambridge client to cover multiple projects or pieces of work within a fast moving department. This is a great opportunity for an Business Analyst or PMO looking to work on multiple projects within a complex and well known organisation.
You will be charged with meeting business needs, through providing expertise in business improvement, the assessment and presentation of user needs, gathering and documenting requirements and the capturing and documenting of processes. Specifically, the role holder will assess and document current practices/processes, design and develop future working practices/processes (including basing them on new system configurations, when relevant), drafting functional specifications and detailed requirements, supporting system testing and supporting the documentation, training and user support required for the successful implementation of new solutions and business processes. The role will require critical thinking, the ability to quickly develop working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across multiple offices, departments and other organisations, and the ability to elicit and analyse information from a variety of sources, presenting it to the relevant audience in an appropriate and understandable form. The Business Analyst will also lead the facilitation of workshops and other stakeholder groups, as required.
The Business Analyst will work closely with functional and technical teams to assess and document current practice, design, develop and document future processes and working practices, gather and document user requirements, develop functional specifications, facilitate business improvements and ensure each of these aspects is approved by the relevant users or stakeholders so that solutions align with customer expectations. The role holder will also be responsible for engaging with a wide range of stakeholders, from end users through to senior managers, and will be expected to act as an interface between technical and non-technical teams and individuals.
- The role holder will be educated to degree level or be able to demonstrate equivalent attainment through experience.
- IT/Business professional with experience operating in complex environments.
- Experience of working with IT solutions.
- Good technical IT skills with thorough understanding of current technical capabilities and limitations in the industry.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, email and the internet.
- Ability to identify and consider cross collaborating solutions with multiple stakeholders to define the current and future state business processes, identifying issues and risks, suggesting mitigation strategies and driving towards technology solutions.
- Demonstrable capacity to analyse, think critically and strategically, and to innovate to resolve/respond to problems and issues. Familiarity with business process capture and documentation tools and techniques.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to communicate and to be persuasive across a variety of audiences with varying outlooks, aims and objectives.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, drawing on relevant data as appropriate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at a business level.
- Be able to work with and contribute to/support the work of several teams often under pressure to meet deadlines
- Understanding of business change management and business analysis concepts.
- Strong communicator able to develop effective working relationships swiftly, engendering collaborative approaches and encouraging buy-in.
- Demonstrated expertise using written & verbal communication skills in complex environments to multiple audiences.