polkadotfrog are currently working with a growing technology company in Cambridge who work with a range of cutting-edge technologies globally who are seeking a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join an established but growing team in Central Cambridge.
As the 2nd Line Support Engineer you will become an escalation point resolving technical tickets escalated from the junior 1st Line engineers where you will support sand mentor them in the solving of the technical issues where appropriate. You will be required to write root cause reports and engage in direct communication with our clients, whilst playing an active role in developing and improving the management of the technical environment. You will have the opportunity to specialise in Networking and monitoring, along with SQL and running queries. Ideally applicants shall have experience supporting Infrastructure and have a knowledge of AWS but this is not essential.
Applicants will demonstrate prior experience troubleshooting before escalating and you will have a thirst for learning and continued professional technical development. Prior experience in a real-time support environment or an environment supporting international users and partners is preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven 1st or 2nd Line Support Experience
- External customer facing skills within a support desk environment
- Web-based Service / Support
- Experience of Windows Server, web servers, and a basic knowledge of SQL
- Proven track record working with customer support teams, and development
- Experience of virtualisation, security or SAN
- Prior experience within Infrastructure Support is preferred
- Knowledge of AWS