Our advanced skills testing system allows us to determine a candidate’s specific skills and aptitudes. This article details the areas we examine so you can be sure the candidate we put forward is the right person for the job.
Areas covered are numeracy & literacy, clerical and computer skills, IT programming, customer service and finance.
How it works
We conduct initial face-to-face registration, interview and discussions with candidates to assess general skills, experience and goals.
Our Consultant will then select and conduct the most appropriate evaluations for the candidate’s desired job. Tests are also used to define areas of training and upskilling for less experienced candidates.
Our testing can include:
- Clerical – filing, audio typing, copy typing, legal typing, data entry, in-tray exercises.
- Language & Literacy – grammar, spelling, proofreading, reading comprehension, vocabulary, verbal reasoning MS Office – 2010 & 2013
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Numeracy – maths, numeracy, numerical comprehension, numeric reasoning
- Accountancy & Finance – Sage 50, Bookkeeping, payroll, sales & purchase ledger
- IT Programming – C#.Net, Java, HTML, ASP.Net, SQL, VB, Unix
- Health & Safety – accident prevention, protective equipment, First Aid, safety signs & signals, manufacturing and office health and safety
- Customer Service – customer service, call centre basic and advanced
Results are mainly percentage-based; typing and data entry results will show speed and accuracy. The results reports clearly show the candidate’s knowledge of tasks/systems from basic through to advanced – so knowledge gaps/training needs can easily be identified.
To discuss your requirements please contact your local office.